KBC Nepal (Ko Banchha Crorepati) is a Nepali TV game show based on the British Program ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’ After ruling the roast all over the world, the Nepali version of the show is here to change the dynamics of Television viewing.
The show will be host by Rajesh Hamal, the megastar of Nepali film. Coca-Cola or Coke is the title sponsor of the show.
In its format, contestants tackle a series of multiple-choice questions to win a big cash prize up to Nepali Rs. 1 crore.
The British (original) version of the show is one in all the most popular game shows in tv history. It is credit by some with paving the way for the phenomenon of reality programming.
KBC Nepal ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ to Nepal
While doing higher education activity in India, we used to watch ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ with a lot of enthusiasm. After finishing education, we returned to came back to Nepal and started working here.
Until simply a few years ago, none of us believe that the franchise of programs like ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ can bring to Nepal and it’ll prove to be successful.
However, once the success of Nepal Idol, Himalaya Roadies and different reality Television shows, we felt people watch Nepali TV too if programs are of excellent quality.
It is extremely exciting to bring in the first ever ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ game show with iconic host – Rajesh Hamal. We sure we’ll be ready to create a brand new benchmark of a quality Television show in Nepal. Expecting a massive registration of participants. It to become a trendsetting show on Nepali TV. We hope it brings the whole family together and knowledge is shared within the most attention-grabbing and entertaining way.
We expect ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ is going to be a milestone for Nepali tv audience.
– Bipin Acharya, CEO, SRBN Media Pvt. Ltd. (Producer of Ko Banchha Crorepati)
Show Format (Ko Banchha Crorepati) KBC Nepal
- Prize amount Rs. 1 Crore per episode
- There’ll be a total of fifteen questions. And, if a person manages to give correct answers to all the questions, he/she can win the jackpot prize money: Rs. 1 Crore.
- If a contestant can’t win one crore, there are two other milestones: Rs.10,000 and Rs. 320,000. If the contestant crosses any of these milestones, he/she can leave from the game with the milestone amount they crossed. Or, even if the participant decides to quit at any questions, they can walk away with the amount in which they quit.
- There are 3 lifelines to help the complete process: 50:50, phone a friend, and audience poll.
- You need no worry even of you cannot create it to the program. At the end of every episode, the host will ask a question and give you four choices for the correct answer. You will get an opportunity to win Rs. 100K cash prize by sending correct answer through SMS.
- the first season of ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ will run for fifty-two episodes.
Eligible for Participation
In order to be eligible, contestants should be residents and citizens of Nepal and at least 18 years old.
How to participate in KBC Nepal?
For example: If you are 20 years old female, type KBC 20 F and send it to 31031
Note: Registration is now closed.
The show will be on air AP1 HD Television.
First Episode: Feb 2 (Magh 19) Saturday
Broadcast Days: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Broadcast Timing: 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM